Saturday, March 14, 2015

What a job!

I have really been struggling lately with making myself work out and stay focused on my health. I know that life gets in the way for many of us and an excuse is just the same as any other excuse. However, for me job situation and my health are major. I have realized, the super super hard way, that how I feel about my job effects everything. Some people work, get off, and go live. As a social worker with a job that requires 24/7 on call as well as constantly changing visits and meetings getting off work is in a sense confusing. I may receive a phone call at 2 am and then end up working until 9 at night. SO where do I fit in a workout and meal prep??? Well, good question and  I currently do not have the answer. I do know that I have a lovely 5k next Saturday and I have not been training or eating as well as I should. My lack of self discipline in anything outside of work is embarrassing to me. I am tired of constantly getting on here and saying "well I didn't do what I said I would do." I get it is all a learning process.

 That said I am proposing a challenge to myself and to whoever is reading this-

The next six days I will make my lazy butt get up and work out each morning.

I will attend at least two workout classes at the gym, morning or evening.

I will not eat white processed breads or any other sweets.

I will food prep, no excuses aka any work related event, family or friend time.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment