Saturday, April 19, 2014

New Ways

Lately I have been thinking about things. One, I don't like taking pictures of my face for all the world to see. Two, I don't want a blog for the world to know my deep secrets or personal things, I rarely even do that on any type of social media. Three, I have slowly realized that I have too many clothes and half of them are for events that I rarely do. For instance I have 5 beach dresses and live in Tennessee.
All this to say I am making this blog for me to remake my current clothes and to for real try to budget. I would prefer if I did not shop but I know me so instead I am contemplating some other rules for myself.

1. I will never buy anything that is not on sale.
2. I will find a for real budget and stick to it posting on here what I have bought each month so I cannot lie about it.
3. If I want to purchase something I have to follow certain rules on that as well-
   "Does the color or print work with at least 3 pieces that are already in my closet?"
   "Define different scenarios- casual, dressy, work-  that you can wear the item in to test the versatility of the item"
   "Structure of the item- can I tuck it, knot it, belt it, wear alone"
    "Can skirt/dress be worn with different types of shoes, dressy, work, or casual wear?"
    "How can I layer this to make it different season appropriate?" 
    
4. I will use accessories to create "new" outfits

*most of theses are from or adopted from Putting Me Together

So here's to me! Maybe for real this time I will stick to the rules and save money!




No comments:

Post a Comment