Friday, April 25, 2014

Step back.. literally

Last week I was all in working out, watching what I eat, everything was good. Then I decided to go to a work out class and line dancing. Let's just say the floor of the place I went line dancing too is BAD BAD BAD. I woke up with a messed up knee. Here I am a week later, still swollen knee. I did work out some this week but all in all I have not been okay.
Today it is better, I went some without my knee brace. My fitness class instructor said to wrap it and also the best thing is to strengthen it. So here I am googling, yep, knee strengthening exercises.
Also, looking into going back to South Beach Diet Phase two. It will be hard but I need to push myself more. I found this too for my shape-

How Apples Can Turbocharge Their Metabolism
According to Dr. Morrison, apples should eat foods low on the glycemic index. One way to do this is by cutting out carbs. Carbs spike blood sugar – so reducing or eliminating them from your diet would prevent this and keep cortisol controlled. The less cortisol, the less belly fat.
Apples can replace simple carbs with the following foods:
  • Lentils, which are packed with protein and require more energy for the body to break down.
  • Red pepper hummus, also rich in protein; the spices can also boost metabolism
  • Eggplant makes a great carb substitute. When used in certain recipes, for example an eggplant lasagna, it gives you the same density and texture as pasta. 

I may take two years to reach my fitness goal. I guess that means a lot of money saved from not buying clothes!

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment