Monday, July 14, 2014

Feet


I have the flattest feet you will ever see. When I walk where my arches are supposed to be hurt like they are on fire. When I run though the pain in my feet goes away. I feel this is one more way to help me stay motivated to run. However, when my feet hurt because I have to take a break from running I just think to myself, "This is nothing. Absolutely nothing compared to what my loved ones with cancer went through or are going through." Then I continue on. While running and complaining about my feet I remembered something, something major. My narrow, flat as can be feet came from my grandfather. He was the Godliest man I ever knew who for the last 20 or more years of his life was in constant pain from different physical ailments but I never ever heard him complain. It reminded me that no matter what I have to do this 5k. I have to do it for those who have already passed away and those still here fighting from cancer or other issues. I have to do this because I need to be reminded that I am called to serve and to love others in all ways.

So thank you feet for carrying us on journeys we never thought of and through battles we never thought we would face. Thank you for the victories you guide us to and for the time when we say,"it's okay, let me go Home." Thank you for the feet of family and friends who help make the walks, the runs through this life together.



Now I leave you with pictures of my amazing flat feet!
(Also, if the dates are wrong and this isn't when the Relay for life is in my area, I am still going to do it when it happens.)

Displaying IMG_20140714_171305854_HDR.jpg     Displaying IMG_20140714_171231789_HDR.jpg


L.

No comments:

Post a Comment