Friday, July 11, 2014

First three days

I started my slow adventure of completing a 5k on Wednesday. First day not so good. My shin started to scream at me in pain and I had to stop after only a mile, and that was half run half walk. I also did Zumba before so I'm not sure if that added to it or not. Second day I went to body toning and abs at my gym in my new shoes. MUCH BETTER! We just did a mile sprint walk as the warm up. I also did yoga to help with stretching.

Today I did a 3k run walk but mostly run. Let me tell you in case you do not know shoes are very important! My shins were fine but my leg muscles were like do what?! I used Nike Pro to track my distance while rocking to History, JAY Z I finished and I have to say I am proud of myself. I have never been a runner but I am learning that running does not hurt my flat feet like walking does and my leg muscles need it.

I went to our local running club website and found some local 5ks coming up. The only one listed is in October for Relay for Life. I had decided that if I am going to do this and be serious about it I want a 5k that supports something I support. One of my uncles passed away from surgery complications dealing with cancer and my mom's best friend, who is like an aunt to me, survived breast cancer two years ago. So in memory of him and in honor of her superwoman self I am doing this.
If you would like to do one where you live here is the link.

L.



No comments:

Post a Comment