Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Self Care

In Social Work we have a term called self care. It means, obviously, take care of yourself. It's very important to actually follow this, take care of yourself first then you can take care of others. Each day self care may change. One day it could mean taking an hour of relaxation the next day going for a run. For me self care is a challenge. Some days I really am on top of everything, working out, eating right, getting enough sleep, and finding time for me. Then other days I feel exhausted all day, I don't drink enough water, and I barely make it. I used to go shopping as a form of self care. Now, that form of self care has caused me other issues!  I have been thinking lately that I really need to focus on self care, what it means to me daily and if I even do it daily.





L.

No comments:

Post a Comment