Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saving money

I am slowly learning the importance of saving money. I have always been an impulsive buyer. It drove my mom nuts. I don't know if it is the thrill of spending or just loving having something new but man spending and shopping became a craze for me. Obviously, at almost thirty, I still struggle with budgeting. Today I searched different tools for budgeting online. I still have found that Dave Ramsey's is the best. It seriously covers every area of living. I know I have been working on budgeting and using envelops. For me another step I had to figure out is how to divide it all. When I do my monthly budget I realized that I was still having money issues. Why? Because I did not think about the fact that I don't get my monthly amount at one time, I get paid twice a month. Therefore, now I have to divide each category or decide which ones get the money out of which paycheck. Next month I may just do the budget for one paycheck not both. It isn't the way most people do a budget but it may be easier for me.

I have to make my mind turn to future planning and saving not the here and now. When I am stressed I can't see past right now. I have three weddings next year, one may even be mine, and I have about 40 bucks saved. It is sad. One issue I have with saving for things for the next year is I keep thinking, "What's the point? It isn't going to be that much money saved in a year at this budget." Then I go blow like 100 on clothes I don't need and rarely wear like a smart person. (Sarcasm btw.)

So, I have some brain thinking to turn around! All three areas that I have been trying to work on with this blog are future oriented, fitness, budgeting, and eating healthy. They all also revolve around proper planning. Planning the budget, planning workout time, and meal prep. Still working on it all.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment