Monday, September 8, 2014

Ways to work out

This past week I started thinking about school and p.e. When I was younger we always had to play sports on teams in p.e. I hated it. I thought that if this is what you have to do to be athletic then forget it I'm out. I couldn't run, walking made my flat feet hurt, and competition sports were awful. In middle school I went to a magnet school that offered dance classes. I fell in love. I ended up taking ballet classes and doing dance at my school. I continued dance into high school for a couple of years. In college I took more dance classes, ballet, jazz, and modern. I also was in the dance recital. I say all this to say that I never pushed myself to work out because in my mind I always felt like it was a competition. Now as an adult I realized that isn't so. Its all about finding what you enjoy, dance, yoga, cardio, strength training, whatever motivates you use it! I may have realized this later then I wish but I am glad I finally found what I love. I go to my gym's yoga, body toning, and zumba classes. I love them all and all my gym friends!

So find what works for you, what helps you de-stress and calm you and use it, daily!

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment