Friday, January 23, 2015

Being Sick

I rarely get sick, seriously in the past three years I have been sick twice. Once, food poisoning, and once with a sinus infection. That said when I do get sick I have the hardest time admitting it and staying home. On Wednesday I was sick. I went in to work anyway and work was so stressful that it truly made me worse. My co workers all told me to go home. I took a nap and still went to sleep at about 9 pm. The next day my boss asked if I was okay and I said I was better. He said that you have to take care of yourself, that matters more then this job. It really hit me because I often put so much of me into the job I add stress to my life and that probably contributed to my sickness. I took sick leave and I took today off from work. It was great I spent time with a friend, shopped, and kept my phone on silent so I had no worries, at least for a small period of time.

We all need mental health days we just don't always take them. I think that as adults we forget we also need time outs, step away from the issue(s) and relax, unwind, or whatever you need to do to get past it, legally of course. It may not completely go away but it may get better or make you feel better about it so you can handle situations in life better and with confidence.

  


L.

No comments:

Post a Comment